Don’t get rumbled without the right coverage.
Earthquake insurance provided by Insurance Incorporated.
Even with your homeowner’s insurance, you’re still at risk in the event of an earthquake. A specialty earthquake insurance policy can help bridge the gap in coverage, keeping your home and possessions protected.
We can provide you with quotes from the leading Earthquake insurance companies to assure you receive quality coverage with the most competitive rates. Compare our coverages, limits, deductibles and rates to the CEA to assure you are properly covered and not overpaying.
In addition to offering earthquake insurance for Single Family residences we can also offer earthquake insurance on Rental Properties, Multi Unit Residential buildings, Apartments, Commercial Buildings and Businesses, and yes we can offer standalone Earthquake insurance!
Most homeowners policies don’t cover earthquakes.
You might think an earthquake event would be covered by your homeowners insurance, but that’s not usually the case. The vast majority of policies specifically exclude it, mainly because it’s a low-risk event, which means any payout is likely to be extremely high.
Covers damage or destruction caused by an earthquake.
The good news is that you can buy specific earthquake insurance to cover damage and destruction to both your home and your building. Generally, the deductible is far higher than with ordinary household insurance. Although policies cover damage to homes, the main aim of earthquake insurance is to cover the risk of total destruction.
Factors to consider when getting earthquake coverage.
Depending on your location, you may need to shop around for an earthquake policy. For example, in California, your homeowners insurance provider is required to also offer earthquake insurance, although they won’t necessarily offer the best deal nor the best coverage. Some insurance companies only provide coverage for the main structure (dwelling), leaving you dangerously exposed. They may also fail to include these important coverages;
- Loss of Use – Pays for your living expenses or a place to rent, while they rebuild/repair the damaged structure or dwelling. Remember, You will need somewhere to live during construction and also keep in mind you may still have to pay the mortgage on the damaged property during reconstruction.
- Personal Property – What about your contents? If your home is damaged what about replacing all of the items in your home?
- Other Structures – Detached Structures like Garages, Casitas, Fences or Walls can be costly and some policies do not provide the coverage.
- Building Ordinance Coverage – Pays to upgrade the structure to todays building codes and can also cover Debris Removal.
Review and compare your policy coverages and limits carefully to be sure you r are properly covered. Another thing to watch for is insurers may stop taking on new policies in an area for several weeks after a major earthquake because of the increased risk of aftershocks.
How is the cost of earthquake coverage determined?
The costs of earthquake coverage depend on your specific location, the value of your property and the materials it is built from.
For more details about your earthquake policy options, contact us today at 877-898-9333 for a free quote.
Get Started Today
As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right Earthquake Insurance coverage.
Earthquake Insurance Quote Request
As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right coverage.
Get a Quote
It only takes a minute to get started.
- Fill out the form, we’ll be in touch.
- Review options with an agent.
- Get the coverage you need.