ClickCease Skip to main content

Kid's Off To College? Look at your Homeowners Insurance!

By June 9, 2012June 8th, 2020Insurance

Students across the country are gearing up for high school graduation in anticipation of their last summer before college. Parents are beginning to fret about how their kids will hold up on a university campus – whether they will eat right, get enough sleep, study for tests, and stay away from the beer pong table. These are issues we can’t really help you with, unfortunately, but we can suggest a few things regarding insurance that may help you out.

If you’re student decides to stay on campus and live in a dorm or another form of university housing, their possessions may be covered under your homeowners insurance policy. Most new college students are hooked up with laptops, stereos, maybe a TV and a mini fridge, and these things need to be insured. With the prevalence of thefts occurring on college campuses, making certain these valuables are protected is essential. IF your child decides to move off campus, your homeowners policy will NOT cover their possessions and they will probably need to look into a renters policy.

Insurance Incorporated is your local independent insurance agency specializing in personal products such as Homeowners Insurance and Auto insurance. If you have a child heading to college in a few months, contact your current agent and let them know. You may need to make some changes to your policies. Also, if you feel you’re paying too much for insurance, contact us today and we’ll help you find a more affordable plan.

Close Menu